Archive for the ‘Home Security’ Category
In part nine of this series on home security, I am going to giver you a list of things to watch out for to help in spotting possibly suspicious people, its surprising how regularly we miss rather obvious signs that should put us on our guard.
1. Somebody going from house to house, this is particularly suspicious if, once a few homes have been visited, one or more of the people go into a back or side yard. It is even more suspicious if another remains in the front when this occurs. It may be that they are looking for a house to burglarize, or there could be a burglary in progress.
2. If somebody is waiting around in front of a home this becomes very suspicious if you know the homeowners are away. The individual you can see may be a lookout for a burglary that is in progress inside.
3. Everyone seen forcing an entry into a home. This is clearly suspicious at anytime and in any circumstances immediately dial 911 or 999 if in the U.K.
4. If you see anybody who does not live in the home, going into the yard, it is possible that a burglary is being committed.
5. Someone running away particularly if something valuable is being carried, they may be leaving the scene of a crime.
6. If you see somebody showing strange mental or physical symptoms, they may be injured or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
7. Anybody moving property may be considered suspicious in some circumstances. Perhaps if it is late at night or if the item is not wrapped, it is possible that the article has been stolen.
8. A large number of comings and goings from a particular house, this may not be suspicious, unless it occurs on a daily or very regular basis, especially during late or unusual hours when it could signify vice or drug related activities.
With all of the above situations you must use your common sense, in the majority of situations there is a perfectly innocent explanation for what you see but if you are not certain dial 911 or 999 in the U.K. and let the police investigate.
Home Improvement Decoration Labels:spot suspicious activity
An alarm system for the home is needed to protect your home, your possessions and your family from intruders. According to statistics, more than 2 million burglaries occur each year and more than half of these occur in residential homes. When looking for an alarm system, you should know there are many different kinds of systems available. Many people look to an alarm system to protect their home. It does not matter what size of home you live in, whether it is a large home with three stories or a small one-room apartment. An alarm system provides you with the security and peace of mind you need while on vacation, at work or sleeping at night.
There are many different types of alarm systems. One alarm will work to detect motion from an intruder when the alarm is activated. Another type of alarm system may detect any type of temperature change in a specific room. No matter what type of alarm system you have, it will notify anyone passing by, your neighbors, the police or a monitoring center of the activity. When looking for an alarm system, you should know the different aspects of a home alarm. First, it will contain a power source, this is called a control panel. A keypad is put in place to allow the homeowner to deactivate the system upon arrival or activate the system upon departure. Depending on the type of alarm system you purchase, it may have contacts with doors and windows, motion detectors and glass break sensors.
What is great about an alarm system is that, if it is monitored by a monitoring center, it will have a backup system. This system will allow the system to work for around 24 hours if the phone lines are ever cut by an intruder or if you lose electricity. What is even better is that some home alarm systems offer protection in the event of a fire, can detect the difference between your pets and an intruder and even offer video surveillance.
When it comes to a home alarm system, there are additional fees that are associated with them, not just the initial purchase fees. This is likely to be a monthly fee as well for the monitoring system. From ATD, one of the most popular home alarm system providers, you can enjoy one touch pad, one motion detector, one indoor sounder, two window and door sensors and one button for manually notifying police and fire station of an emergency and a chime feature for an installation fee of $349.00 and a monthly fee for monitoring of $32.99.
Another system with ADT will provide you with one touch pad, one motion detector, one indoor sounder, two deadbolt strike cups, three reset keys, two window and door sensors and one police and fire button for $399.00 installation fee and $32.99 monthly monitoring fee. With ADT and many other providers, you can customize your alarm system to suit your needs and provide you with full 24-hour peace of mind and safety for your home.